Black Magic Cake (Best Chocolate Cake Ever!)
It's true... This is one of the best chocolate cakes we have ever made! Simple and straightforward, this is one of those recipes that everyone will love. (Be sure to have plenty o' milk on hand... yum!)
- 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 c sugar
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/2 c margarine, softened
- 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
- Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.