Skillet creamy garlic chicken with broccoli
We used chicken breast for the recipe, but it can easily be made with chicken thighs or legs. If you like more sauce, add an extra can of condensed cream of chicken soup and additional 3/4 cup of water. You'll have double the sauce! Make sure to season more with salt and pepper.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts OR thighs
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp ghee / butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes OR paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano powder
- kosher salt/ sea salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken breasts in lemon juice and half of the minced garlic for at least 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, add ghee OR butter and add the marinated chicken and fry the chicken for 7-8 minutes on both the sides. Prick and check if chicken is done. Remove the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining minced garlic and fry for 30 seconds. On low heat add the chicken broth, cream, salt, pepper, paprika powder/ chilli flakes and oregano powder and let the sauce thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and chicken to the sauce and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check for salt and finally turn off the heat and sprinkle a dash of oregano powder. Serve hot with your choice of side.
- You can replace chicken breasts or chicken thighs with boneless chicken as well.
- If you don't have stock of chicken broth, you can use water also.
- The more you marinate the chicken, the better the flavour of garlic infuses into the chicken.
- You can also add parmesan cheese to the sauce to make it thick and cheesy.