Lemon Blueberry Bread
Of all the quick breads we had growing up, this beautiful lemon blueberry bread is the best! The citrus glaze adds a lustrous finish and locks in moisture.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs1
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, juice and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in lemon zest, nuts, and blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Remove bread from pan and drizzle with glaze. Cool on a wire rack.
- You might also like
Per Serving: 241 calories; 9.5 g fat; 36.5 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 45 mg cholesterol; 277 mg sodium.