Have you ever tasted authentic Spanish churros? If not, put them on your bucket list or make these homemade churros to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings right away!
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- You might also like
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.The size of each churro may vary, which can affect number of servings.
Per Serving: 691 calories; 51.1 g fat; 57.1 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 293 mg sodium. Full nutrition