Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Asparagus
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites and Asparagus – So much flavor and so easy to throw together, this chicken and asparagus recipe is a winner for dinnertime!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunch of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, optional (we used Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium chicken broth (or white wine)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
For the chicken seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Cut chicken into cubes, sprinkle with onion powder, pepper and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1/4 cup butter and the olive oil. Add chicken pieces, cooking until golden on all sides. Meanwhile, combine the asparagus or broccoli, the remaining 1/3 cup chicken broth, remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1 teaspoon garlic in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until the vegetables are crisp-tender, adding broth if necessary so there are always at least 3 tablespoons liquid in pan. To the chicken, add the remaining 1 teaspoon garlic and the Italian seasonings, cook and stir 1 minute. Remove chicken to a plate. Deglaze pan with the remaining 1/3 cup chicken broth; cook until reduced to half.
- Add chicken, remaining broth mixture from pan, lemon juice, hot sauce and basil to asparagus, stir to combine. Cook several minutes to heat through and reduce slightly if necessary. Adjust seasonings. Serve over hot cooked cauliflower rice and sprinkle with additional basil, if desired.