Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry
Easy, lightened-up Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry makes a satisfying 30-minute weeknight meal! A healthy oil-free stir-fry with fresh flavors of garlic & ginger.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 green onions, sliced, separate the white parts from the green parts
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1cup snow peas
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add cashews and roast for 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring frequently. Careful not to burn them. Set aside with the green parts of the green onion.
- In the same pan, add the sesame oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the green onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is starting to become tender. Add a few tablespoons of water, if needed, to stop browning or burning.
- Add the snow peas and bok choy and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add in the cashews and green parts of the green onion.
- Serve immediately with brown rice.