Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake
This mashup cake from Delish.com squeezes layers of peanut butter cookie dough in between layers of chocolate cake and it's as amazing as it sounds.
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. whole milk
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
FOR THE GANACHE
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. peanut butter, melted
- 1 c. roughly chopped Reese's
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two cake pans with parchment paper.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions then divide between prepared cake pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make peanut butter cookie dough: Microwave flour until the flour has reached about 160° in temperature, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in flour, vanilla, salt, and milk until fluffy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles begin to break the surface around the edges of the pan, turn off the heat. Pour the hot cream over chocolate chips, whisking constantly until the sauce is smooth.
- Spread cookie dough onto one of the cooled cakes. Place the second cake on top. Cover with ganache, drizzle with peanut butter, then top with chopped Reese's.
- Let ganache set for about 10 minutes then slice and serve.
Click For Video >>> Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake