Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Lemon Dill Marinade
Vinegar, lemon juice and zest add a nice zing to salmon on kabobs. Fresh dill gives a nice pickled undertone.
- 2 pounds fresh salmon fillet, skin removed
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- Metal or wood skewers, if using wood, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cut salmon crossway into ½-inch wide strips and place in large Ziplock bag. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and zest, and fresh dill to bag. Seal tightly and shake to combine.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes (do not marinate longer or the vinegar will start to cook the salmon).
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Remove salmon from bag and discard marinade.
- Thread salmon pieces accordion-style (see pictures above for reference) onto skewers, alternating with zucchini slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grill with light olive oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking. Immediately place salmon kabobs on the grill. Cook uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes, rotating midway, until grill marks appear and fish is flaky when tested with a fork.
- Squeeze a bit more lemon juice on top when serving.
Full Recipe Click ===> Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Lemon Dill Marinade <===