- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ c. milk
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 small handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the carrots, zucchini and summer squash in half lengthwise and then into thin slices on a mandolin.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil. Add the minced garlic and stir for 1 minute. Then add the sliced vegetables and season with ¼ tsp of salt and all the pepper.
- Cook over medium-low heat until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl , mix together coconut flour, remaining ¼ tsp of salt and baking powder, set aside. In a large bowl whisk together eggs & milk, and then whisk in flour mixture until fully incorporated and slightly thickened.
- Fold in the cooked vegetables and basil. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until light golden brown on top and set in the center, about 40-45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and serve warm or at room temp.
For Full Recipe Click >>> VEGGIE TERRINE <<<