THE BEST CRISPY BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES
Thinly sliced zucchini dusted in breadcrumbs and baked until crispy and golden is a great alternative to potato fries with less than half the carbs and calories!
For Full Recipe Click >>> THE BEST CRISPY BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES <<<
- 3-4 large zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs panko or Italian or a mixture of both
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with oil. Set aside.
- Combine 2 eggs in a small shallow bowl and set aside. Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another bowl and set aside. Prepare zucchini by trimming the ends and cutting into 1/2 inch strips or slices.
- Dip zucchini strips into egg mixture then in the breadcrumb mixture and transfer to pre-greased baking sheet. Repeat until all the zucchini strips are coated with egg and breadcrumbs.
- Seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic powder then drizzle with olive oil or generously spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning once, until golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and crispy. Enjoy hot with chipotle sauce, ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce!