GINGER GARLIC NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY
Ginger Garlic Noodle Soup with Bok Choy is a nutritious, comforting, and flu-fighting twenty-minute recipe made with homemade vegetarian broth, noodles, mushrooms, and baby bok choy. Easily make it your own by adding chicken, shrimp, spicy chilis, or other veggies.
US Customary - Metric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots - diced
- 1 bunch green onions - chopped, green and white divided
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp ginger - fresh, minced
- 5.5 cups low sodium chicken broth - or water for vegan
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce - or Tamari for a Gluten Free option
- 10 oz crimini mushrooms - sliced
- 6 oz rice noodles
- 1.5 heads bok choy - roughly chopped
- sesame seeds - for topping
- red pepper flakes - for topping
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium-sized stockpot over medium heat.
- To the oil add the diced shallots and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the shallots turn translucent and start to soften. Stir often.
- Chop the end off of each green onion- dividing the white part from the green part. Chop and set aside the green part for topping. Meanwhile, finely chop the white part of each green onion.
- Add the white part of the green onions, minced garlic, and ginger to the shallots and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until garlic and ginger is fragrant.
- Carefully pour the chicken stock or water (or mix) into the pot and bring to a simmer. To the pot add the star anise and soy sauce. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid from the pot and carefully remove and discard each star anise from the soup.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, uncooked noodles, and bok choy to the pot and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until noodles and bok choy are tender. Season to taste.
- Divide soup between bowls and garnish with sesame seeds, the green parts of green onions and red pepper flakes (if desired).
For Full Recipe >>> GINGER GARLIC NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY <<<