CRISPY BAKED TOFU NUGGETS
These bite sized tofu nuggets made with panko bread crumbs. They're perfect with dinner or as an appetizer!
- 1 block (14 ounces) extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 flax eggs or eggs (1 flax egg= 1 tablespoon flax + 3 tablespoons water) let flax eggs sit 5 minutes before using
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional - makes it spicy!!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu into 10 squares: Cut the tofu into 5 slices along the long edge, then cut each column in half to make squares. Lightly press each slice of tofu with a paper towel to remove some of the water.
- To make the marinade, stir together the vegetable broth and soy sauce in a shallow pan. Marinate the tofu in the vegetable broth mixture for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare 3 bowls: one with the flour, one with panko bread crumbs and spices, and one with the flax eggs. Coat the tofu in the flour, then the flax eggs, then the panko.
Full Instruction : CRISPY BAKED TOFU NUGGETS