Boston Cream Poke Cake
This Boston Cream Poke Cake is so easy and scrumptious. Plan to take this one-pan dessert to your next gathering, it'll be a hit!
16.25 ounce yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 2 (3.4oz) boxes
4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 1/3 cups
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare and bake the cake in a 13x9 pan according to the package instructions. Let cool completely before poking holes across the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Be sure to poke all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding, milk, and vanilla, but don't let it thicken, Pour the thin pudding over cake in an even layer, poking down into the holes if necessary.
- Refrigerate the cake for one hour.
- Place the chocolate chips and corn syrup in a heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the cream until it simmers, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, you can microwave the cream until hot.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes to melt.
- until smooth. Let the glaze cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cake and smooth with a spatula. Chill cake for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Read More Boston Cream Poke Cake full Recipe