Rich, chocolately goodness. Old Memphis recipe from years ago. You'll forget about every other chocolate cake you've ever eaten after this one!
|image source :www.tastykitchen.com|
- 1 package Favorite Chocolate Cake Mix, 18 Ounce Box, Prepared As Directed
- Additional Required Ingredients Needed For Cake Mix, Typically Water, Eggs And Oil
- 2-½ Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- ½ cups Milk
- ½ cups Shortening
- ½ cups Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 stick Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 7 Tablespoons Coca Cola
- Bake your favorite chocolate cake mix, using the required additional ingredients. Place the batter into two round cake pans and bake according to package instructions. When layers are cool, cut them in half horizontally, making four layers out of two
- For the filling: Gradually add milk to the flour in small saucepan. Heat over low flame until it forms a thick paste. Remove from heat and allow to cool.(It is important to let it cool completely).
- Put shortening, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Add cooled paste. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla. (The more you beat it the fluffier it gets.)
- Put one of your cake layers on your serving tray. Top it with some filling, spreading the filling (as much as you want) across the top. Repeat with the remaining cake layers and filling, but don’t add filling on top of the last cake layer. Any unused portion may be refrigerated in a covered dish.
Read More this full recipes at Canasta Cake